Your resume writing is complete! Now it's time to have your resume reviewed and critiqued.
These tips will make your resume easier to read and/or scan in an employer's database.
- Run a spell check on your computer before anyone sees your resume.
- Get a friend (an English major would do nicely) to do a grammar review.
- Ask another friend to proof read. The more people who see your resume, the more likely that mis-spelled words and awkward phrases will be seen (and corrected).
- Use A4 white or off-white paper.
- Print on one side of the paper.
- Use a font size of 10 to 14 points.
- Use nondecorative typefaces.
- Choose one typeface and stick to it.
- Avoid italics, script, and underlined words.
- Do not use horizontal or vertical lines, graphics, or shading.
- If you must mail your resume, put it in a large envelope.