For our client, a leading international pharmaceutical company with headquarters in Basel, we are looking or a motivated personality in the function of
Associate Scientist (m/f), 100%, Basel
The department QC Bioanalytics is responsible for bioanalytical testing of Biopharmaceuticals for late-phase development projects and commercial products. Applied analytical techniques are mainly cell-based potency assays for bioactivity determination and ELISA /qPCR for the determination of process-related impurities (e.g. host-cell proteins (HCP), residual Protein A, residual DNA).
- You will perform bioanalytical experiments (i.e. cell-based bioassays, ELISA and Q-PCR) for quality control (release, stability, and in-process control (IPC) testing) of biotech drug substances (DS) and drug products (DP) in collaboration with members of the own and cross-functional teams in a cGMP environment. Analytical method validation will be also part of the position.
- Planning and performing analytical experiments in a cGMP environment for release-, stability-, and in-process control (IPC) testing of drug substance and drug product samples (e.g. monoclonal antibody)
- Trending of results and assay performance parameters
- Validation and transfer of test methods
- Check of data and documentation
- Managing reagents (e.g. qualification, inventory and performance tracking)
- As instrument responsible person, perform the evaluation, initial qualification and the periodic functional testing of analytical instruments in accordance with cGMP
- Interacting with other groups within the our clients' company, e.g. the Development department or the respective production sites
- Minimum of 3 years experience as Lab Technician or 1-4 years (for BSc).
- Good knowledge of cGMP
- Awareness for safe handling of chemicals, cell lines, potentially dangerous materials and equipment.
- Adequate scientific or technical knowledge in a specific area (e.g. cell-based bioassays, cell culture, ELISA and Q-PCR).
- Good knowledge of laboratory and/or technical tools.
- Adequate knowledge of software and computer tools.
- Knowledge in German and English (spoken and written).
Work Place: Basel
Start Date: September 2020
End Date: End of August 2021
Please apply online. For further information about the position, please contact your Kelly recruiter, Mrs Insa Voss (+41 61 270 80 07).