For our client, a leading international pharmaceutical company with headquarters in Basel, we are looking or a motivated personality in the function of
Automation Engineer (m/f), 100%, Basel
To provide technical expertise with knowledge across Operations Management Systems (OMS / Emerson Syncade MES). Working within a matrix team on the OMS implementation in collaboration with several different stakeholder groups. Working to deliver within that team the implementation of a GMP compliant operational OMS within project timelines.
- As a MES referred to across this description as OMS, based automation engineer (preferably Emerson Syncade) bring technical knowhow enabling writing of Manufacturing Procedures and Specifications which bridges the gap between operations, QA requirements and the automation solution.
- To write Manufacturing Procedures (Technical Instructions) on how to setup, run and dismantle Single Use Biotechnology Process Equipment.
- Good understanding of the Biotechnology Processes and equipment is essential, as these Manufacturing Procedure requirements will be translated into Functional Requirements (by an external vendor) that will be used to configure an Operation Management System Attend relevant project design review meetings Support sFAT activities when required.
- Provide technical know how on other OMS standard functions such as Material Tracking, Sample, Management, EBRs, Equipment usage etc.
- Minimum 3 years of experience as an MES Automation Engineer, preferably with experience in GMP operational environment
- Experience working with Emerson Syncade is preferable, if not working with other MES systems is essential.
- Pharmaceutical / Biological industry background essential
- Ability to write technical Instructions from an operator or end user perspective.
- Experienced in working with P&IDs, PFD's, reading and interpreting process descriptions.
- Previous experience working with DeltaV would be beneficial.
- Ability to work in a cross function organization with Automation, Engineering, Operations and Manufacturing User functions.
- Team player and problem solver, self-driven and able to work with minimum supervision.
- Fluent in written and spoken English is mandatory, written and spoken German is beneficial but not essential.
Work Place: Basel
Start Date: ASAP
End Date: December 2020
Please apply online. For further information about the position, please contact your Kelly recruiter, Mrs Insa Voss (+41 61 270 80 07).