For our client, a globally active pharmaceutical company in the Basel area, we are immediately looking for a temporary assignment
Biosample Laboratory Associate (m/f) 100%
The Biosample Lab Associate (BLA) is responsible for performing activities and processes related to the tracking, inventory, storage, sample processing, and transport of biological samples for clinical and non-clinical trials.
The BLA works under the direction of the Sr. BLAs, and supervision & guidance of the Lab Head or Biosample Operations Lab Supervisor to ensure that lab activities fulfil customer needs while achieving operational excellence in quality, service level, cost and compliance.
- Following all applicable controlled documents (e.g. SOPs, Working instructions, and working documents), all relevant sample handling, storage, and sample processing activities, while adhering GCP lab guidelines and local health and safety rules
- Freezer management activities (e.g. temperature monitoring, issue logs, maintenance, monitoring freezer space and organization)
- Managing samples according to protocol requirements and BRM Operations best practices.
- Setting up and preparing outbound shipping requests and related documents within agreed timelines and according to the applicable transport regulations.
- Distribution of samples to internal lab and the tracking of confirmation of delivery sample shipments to external analytical laboratories.
- Conducting manual and/or automated sample aliquoting for various sample types, e.g. serum/plasma/urine/DNA/RNA.
- Conducting DNA/RNA extraction activities from various clinical sample types
- Conducting in-process QC methods to assess quality of samples
- Associate Degree in science or equivalent recognized qualification and/or 2-3 years of experience in similar sample handling and processing laboratory environment
- Demonstrated experience working in a laboratory managing clinical or non-clinical samples
- Requires attention to detail, and accuracy in data entry, while maintaining study timelines
- Computer skills in laboratory informatics systems and data processing (LIMS, Excel)
- Knowledge of the collection, processing, storage requirements for different sample types
- Experience in communication with vendors, customers and peers
- Detail oriented with the ability to work independently and manage multiple competing priorities
- Good level of initiative and the ability to work independent and manage multiple competing priorities with minimal guidance
- Good theoretical and practical understanding of nucleic acid handling and analysis
- Experience working in multicultural teams
Work Place: Basel
Start Date: 18.01.2020
End Date: 31.12.2021
Please apply online. For further information about the position, please contact your Kelly recruiter, Mrs Heidi Arbogast (+41 61 270 80 44).
We connect people to jobs in ways that enrich lives. Kelly Services® is a leading global provider of human resources solu-tions, operating in over 40 countries. Together with its subsidiaries, Kelly offers a wide range of outsourcing and consulting services; temporary, permanent and management positions as well as flexible forms of employment at all hierarchy levels. Kelly Services (Schweiz) AG has been present in Switzerland since 1979 and counts more than 200 employees in over 40 Talent Offices and Centers. Kelly Services Switzerland is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.