For our client, a company in the pharma sector, we are looking for a motivated personality in Basel in the position of:
Digital Biomarker Scientist
The perfect candidate is someone passionate about digital healthcare. We are looking for candidates with an advanced degree in Life Sciences (Neuroscience preferably) and with a first experience post-graduation (Post Docs applicants are considered). Pharma experience is preferred, not mandatory. Candidates with experience in digital healthcare and software development projects are strongly appreciated.
Tasks & Responsibilities:
* Work in cross-functional teams to define unmet measurement needs and design/refine digital biomarker approaches
* Conduct solution landscaping, literature and data reviews
* Develop user requirements for digital biomarker solutions and collaborate with the technical team to successfully implement or source these solutions
* Design and execute advisory boards and qualitative studies, including physician and patient focus groups, e.g. to establish clinical meaningfulness and patient relevance of digital biomarkers and digital clinical outcomes and optimize the usability of remote patient monitoring solutions
* Design and project manage small, targeted studies or technical assessments to complement main clinical studies, e.g. laboratory assessments, bridging studies, etc.
* Provide guidance on clinical study designs and the analyses required to get from raw sensor data to digital biomarkers and digital clinical outcomes, and ultimately clinical trial endpoints; draft input for protocols and informed consents
* Project manage the deployment of the remote patient monitoring solutions in clinical studies, train clinical sites and provide operational support
* For regulatory filing packages (e.g. FDA, EMA), provide digital biomarker and digital clinical outcome subject matter expertise and write required content and documentation
* Proven experience in developing measures for patient clinical disability and disease progression, e.g. in neuroscience, respiratory, ophthalmology, oncology (*****)
* Proven experience in working with digitally collected patient data such as smartphone-based tests, movement, audio, PPG and other sensor data from wearables, virtual reality technology (*****)
* Advanced degree in fields such as cognitive neuroscience, clinical neuroscience, outcomes research, psychometrics, or a related medical or natural science discipline (*****)
* Real passion for transforming healthcare using digital technology, especially for modernizing clinical endpoints in drug development and improving disease management and patient care
* Excellent analytical, communication and presentation skills
* Project management skills, including the ability to shape and manage project scope
* Ability to build strong partnerships with stakeholders and influence without authority
* Strong business English
Nice to have:
* Experience in clinical research and experimental design, ideally in a pharmaceutical or related industry setting (**)
* Experience with software development projects, and especially with functional requirement models like use case and user story development, and requirement gathering (**)
* Previous clinical experience in neuroimmunological (e.g. Multiple Sclerosis), neurodevelopmental (e.g. Autism Spectrum Disorder), neurodegenerative (e.g. Parkinson's disease), neuromuscular disorders (e.g. Spinal Muscular Atrophy), respiratory disorders, ophthalmology (*)
* Previous experience with analyzing data and/or implementation of information workflows
We are fully committed to equal opportunity engagement and strive for diversity among our external workforce.
Workload: 100% (until end October 22)
Start date: As soon as possible
If you enjoy this job and have the desired qualifications, please apply online. Please do not hesitate to contact me for further information.
Jennifer Drück, tel : +41 61 270 80 42