For our client, an international pharmaceutical company in Schaffhausen, we are looking for a motivated personality in the permanent function as
Director Project Management EMEA
The Director Project Management is accountable for the performance of multiple often high complex projects in region, leading thru Flawless Project Execution, the oversight and flexible application of the IDEA Project Delivery Process - leading thru the ideation, definition, execution and assessment phases. This shall include, but not limited to driving innovation to ensure safety and appropriate quality, reducing cost and schedule, leading learning adoption internally and externally, overseeing commissioning, qualification and validation of FDA and other agency regulated facilities, technology transfer and regulations governing product manufacturing.
Key relationships include collaboration of with E&PS functions (Real Estate, FM and Service Partners) CCFS, EHS, ITS and affiliate Engineering Groups across other functional areas, establishing highly collaborative working relationships with partners, key stakeholders and Business leaders.
This role is responsible for managing and ensuring the project progress throughout the project leading the expedition of key activities across function, find solutions to key problems, and communicate project progress, issues and solutions to management and to the project team and also training and mentoring Project Managers (internal and external) to develop Leadership skills and capabilities in Project Ideation and Delivery
- Leads and directs projects end to end through Ideation, Design, Execution and Assessment
- Leads collaboration of the Engineering Group across other functional areas, establishing effective working relationships with all Business Partners.
- Leads the Alignment of the Sponsor, Key Stakeholders, Core and Extended team to deliver the Final Project Objectives
- Leads communication via Sponsor to Key Stakeholders on all aspects of projects and maintains strong internal project communications including presentations to Key Stakeholders
- Leads the project planning, tracking and reporting against project Key Deliverables and Final Project Objectives.
- Leads the development of Key Performance Indicators are met and puts plans are in place to provide continuous improvement.
- Leads in the intake of new projects, solutioning and selection of the preferred option that best meets the Business Need, preparation for Stage Gates, Project and the development of the selected option for CAR approval.
- Leads the selection of appropriate project functions and project resourcing and the development of strategies and Project Delivery Processes and tools via a Project Execution Plan based on the complexity of the project ensuring consistency with business strategy, policy, commitments and goals
- Leads risk management, Evaluates, eliminates or mitigates risks to Final Project Objectives, including resource issues, conflicts and other obstacles, negotiating with Sponsors, Functional Managers, Core and Extended Team members for appropriate resources
- Leads the Coordination of the design, execution and close out of all project related activities including managing internal resources and the procurement of third-party contractors, suppliers and consultants and ensures the project remains on plan to deliver Final Project Objectives. including, but not limited to safety, scope management, contract and construction management, legal and corporate compliance, quality, project controls, commissioning, qualification and validation of FDA and other agencies regulated facilities including technology transfer and regulations governing product manufacturing through operational handover
- Leads the process of Change Identification and requests for changes, liaising with and informing the Sponsor, Core and Extended teams
- Leads Project Close Out activities including operational handover archiving, and financial project close and collation of benchmarking and lessons Learned and provide feedback to ensure continuous improvement via learnings collection and learnings adoption
- Undertakes all Learning and Development to ensure Highly Capable Leadership, coaches and mentors others engaged in Project delivery
- Leads the evaluation of the value delivered versus the value identified in the Business Need, collating lessons learned from a Business perspective
Experience, Skills and Knowledge:
- Minimum of 15 years of relative business experience and project and operations management
- Prior experience managing complex capital projects (up to $100MM) in Supply Chain, R&D, Distribution Centers and Offices
- Knowledge and experience of translating complex business needs in to engineering concepts
- High technical knowledge to understand complex technology-based issues
- Highly skilled in leading and motivating remote and virtual teams and stakeholders
- Leads process innovation and flexible implementation
- Track record of developing and maintaining highly collaborative partnerships at all levels within the organization including Internal (Real Estate / FM) and external CCFS/Finance/ Engineering and Operations)
- Highly skilled listening and problem-solving skills when managing potential conflicts within regions when implementing global standards and guidelines. Understanding complex technical/regulatory issues impacting products
- Full working knowledge of Project Controls in cost and schedule development, financial assessments and rigorous control of cost and schedule
- Manufacturing experience in FDA or other regulated environments from design through startup
- Thorough knowledge on contracting and a skilled negotiator
- Excellent collaboration record with Real Estate, Finance and Facilities Management
- Language Requirements: Fluency in English and German languages
Familiarity with J&J Project Management approaches (FPX & IDEA Project Delivery Process)
An ideal candidate for this role will have excellent leadership experience on all aspects of Project Management end to end including ideation and Business Value Realization complex capital projects They will also have sound experience and knowledge of process engineering and product in pharma, consumer and medical devices.
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Architecture or Construction Management from an accredited institution
- Project Management Professional (PMP) or equivalent
- Proficient in Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, Microsoft Project and PowerPoint
- Master's Degree
- LEED AP certification
Location of Role: Primary Location is Schaffhausen (Switzerland)
Travel Requirements: This position will require up to 50% domestic and international travel (pre-Covid estimation)
Sound good? If you are interested please send us all your application documents in one PDF.