For our customer, Molecular Partners AG, a thriving and steadily growing clinical stage biotech company located in Zurich-Schlieren (Switzerland) with 160 highly qualified employees we are looking for a
Director Virology (m/f)
As an addition to the Biology team we are looking for an highly motivated Virologist. In this challenging and exciting position you will be in charge of developing the biology virology expertise within Molecular Partners.
- Building and maintaining a network of external experts, academic labs and CRO which will allow benefiting from world class expertise and outsourcing pre-clinical activities
- Managing outsourced pre-clinical virology activities
- Contributing to the evaluation of new virology projects
- Identifying and setting up assays relevant for the evaluation of our therapeutic candidates
- Strengthening MP virology expertise by ensuring constant follow up of the latest discovery in the field and by training colleagues
- Supporting ongoing virology projects from a biology point of view
- Working closely with other functions (translational, in vivo, medical team) to ensure optimal progresses of our virology projects
- Progressively building a virology group within the Biology team (timing dependent on MP portfolio growth)
- Representing MP during conferences, discussions with external partners or collaborators in relation to virology projects
- Communicate effectively across the organization
- MD, DVM or PhD in virology
min 8 years experience in virology or immune-virology
- min 5 years of experience in the biotechnology or pharmaceutical industry
- An established network in the human virology field
- Experience in drug development in the context of virology
- Demonstrated scientific acumen and understanding of disease biology
- Demonstrated experience in the appropriate application of scientific technologies for the evaluation of anti-viral therapies
- Knowledge of all areas of drug development
- Excellent communication skills, both within the organization and externally
Please apply online. For further information about the position, please contact your Kelly recruiter, Mrs Simone Mumbauer, PhD (+41 44 225 41 12).
We connect people to jobs in ways that enrich lives. Kelly Services® is a leading global provider of human resources solutions, operating in over 40 countries. Together with its subsidiaries, Kelly offers a wide range of outsourcing and consulting services; temporary, permanent and management positions as well as flexible forms of employment at all hierarchy levels. Kelly Services (Schweiz) AG has been present in Switzerland since 1979 and counts more than 200 employees in over 40 Talent Offices and Centers.