For our client, a globally active pharmaceutical company in the Basel area, we are looking for a temporary assignment as a:
External Alliance Manager
The External Alliance group in the Immunology, Infectious Disease and Ophthalmology Discovery and Translational Area (I2O DTA) at the Roche Innovation Center Basel, Switzerland drives external innovation by establishing partnerships with academic investigators enriching the I2O portfolio and enabling progress of individual research programs. We are looking to hire an External Alliance Manager part-time for 6 months to support the group in the initiation, implementation, and management of our global external academic alliances.
The ideal candidate is someone with scientific education and experience in research in a pharma setting. We are looking for someone with experience management academic external alliances (through collaborative projects between academic and pharma industry). Ideally, this person will also have experience with research contract management.
Tasks & Responsibilities:
- Drives innovative academic alliances from initiation and evaluation to establishment and implementation together with experienced drug discovery scientists at Roche and renowned academic principal investigators.
- Prepares and negotiates Research Contracts with the help of the Legal and Patent department at Roche.
- Manages effectively multiple collaborations with academic institutions worldwide, including tracking of project deliverables, timelines and milestone payments together with the drug discovery scientists.
- Maintains compliant processes in alignment with internal and contractual obligations, including tracking and archiving of contracts
- Additional responsibilities possible based on qualifications/experiences
- Master or PhD (PhD preferred) in Life Sciences (drug-discovery related field)
- Minimum 3 years' experience in pharma R&D, focused on the research
- Experienced in the initiation and management of academic external alliances
- General knowledge of all core pharma R&D disciplines
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate cross-functionally and frame/make decisions from a portfolio perspective
- Good listener and communicator capable of presenting complex principles (whether scientific or business related) to a broad audience.
- Detail-oriented with strong problem-solving skills.
- Excellent presentation and interpersonal communication skills
- Fluency in English (written and spoken) mandatory
Nice to haves:
Knowledge and work experience of research contract management (confidentiality agreement, transfer agreement, contract negotiation)
Start date: ASAP
End date: 28.05.2022
Work location: Basel
Workload: To be determined - between 50 & 100%
Remote/Home Office: 2 to 3 days onsite would be required. A certificate will be needed
Department: External Alliances (PICA)
Please apply online. For further information about the position, please contact your Kelly recruiter, Judith Atgé Martin (+41 61 270 80 16).