For our client, an international pharmaceutical company, we are looking for a
Finance Business Partner - External Manufacturing
Approx. 5 months contract
This position oversees a range of financial responsibilities supporting the External Manufacturing Operations and the Basel entity. The primary focus of the position includes monthly reporting and closing, forecasting, planning (long-range and business plan), product costing and business decision making analysis for the respective areas of responsibility.
The position involves exposure to senior management in tax, treasury, supply chain, manufacturing and the financial organization. Ability to interact and influence senior management is a key element of this position.
This position is a key member of the EMEA & API External Manufacturing network lead teams and will provide the leadership teams with the financial view of the business, including analysis of trends, opportunities, risks, external benchmarks and financial performance to drive business decisions towards achievement of business objectives.
Besides the breadth in cross-functional interactions, it also requires deep technical skills and knowledge (manufacturing finance), including systems skills (SAP, excel) as well as excellent analytical capabilities. As this is a short-term assignment in the context of an organizational transition, it is key that the candidate can learn and take over existing processes fast and get up to speed on new processes quickly as we transition to a new ERP environment. Expect a fast-paced, very dynamic environment.
1. Reporting & Compliance
- Provide monthly and quarterly financial reporting to management explaining major drivers to business performance and relevant updates to forecasts.
- Ensure financial controls exist on all relevant income statement and balance sheet accounts.
- Review of contracts with external manufacturing companies and ensure appropriate compliance to financial terms. Apply financial & business skills to influence the direction of future external manufacturing contracts.
- Build and maintain business relationships with financial and business personnel at external manufacturing companies and participate in and influence the governance processes.
- Provide data & analyses in response to the annual external audit on external manufacturing operations and finances.
- Perform monthly inventory SOx controls.
- Forecasting & Planning
- Coordinate the forecasting and planning process, including the strategic plan, business plan and other forecasts in the annual planning and forecasting cycle (monthly forecasts, as well as the formal business plan).
- Present financial plans and forecast to supply chain and financial management, as appropriate.
- Perform product costing and pricing assumptions relevant to each of the planning processes. Execute product costing runs if required.
- Liaison with management on financial budgets, targets, and other operational plans.
- Proactively work with business partners to understand and identify financial risks (both within the EEM operations and external partners).
- Decision Making & Financial Analysis Support
- Work with supply chain, procurement and external manufacturing business partners on key initiatives and provide financial analysis and decision-making support. Influence key decisions and present to senior management.
- Involvement in business development activities and contract negotiations, as appropriate, for both new manufacturing arrangements and re-negotiation of existing contracts. Influence outcome of negotiation process.
- Provide financial support to strategic facilities planning in evaluating new sourcing alternatives for relevant products. Influence outcome of key decisions and present to senior management.
- Broader Support to Supply Chain & the Manufacturing Financial Organization
- Participate in financial projects/analyses in support of the broader Manufacturing Financial Organizations (e.g., special projects, business development, business unit support, gross margin improvement, product cost analysis & Six Sigma).
- Provide leadership in integrating new sourcing arrangements into the company's infrastructure. Provide project management support.
Required skills, experience and education
- Sound (3-5 years) experience in manufacturing finance (including product costing and manufacturing variance analysis).
- Strong technical & analytical skills. High proficiency with data manipulation using excel.
- Experience in forecasting, planning, and reporting.
- SAP proficiency is a must.
- Solid understanding of accounting (US GAAP).
- Previous experience in working with SOx controls preferred.
- Ability to anticipate and solve key technical or operational problems.
- Strong business partnering, communication and interpersonal skills. Ability to build relationships and interact constructively with internal and external partners.
- Ability to make and influence decisions that impact the business (External Mfg) and the function (Finance).
- Capability to work in fast-paced environment while keeping attention to detail.
Please apply online. For further information about the position, please contact your Kelly recruiter, Mr Jean-Luc Leiby (+41 61 270 80 09).