For our customer a Pharmaceutical company in Basel, we are looking for a
Genomic Service Manager
In Pharmaceutical Research and Early Development organisation (pRED), we make transformative medicines for patients in order to tackle some of the world's toughest unmet healthcare needs. At pRED, we are united by our mission to transform science into medicines. Together, we create a culture defined by curiosity, responsibility and humility, where our talented people are empowered and inspired to bring forward extraordinary life-changing innovation at speed. This position is located in Basel in a chapter within the Pharmaceutical Sciences (PS) function, where genetic and genomic biomarker development and implementation in pre-clinical and clinical studies is a primary focus. We closely collaborate with our therapeutic areas and functions to convert hypotheses into innovative therapeutics.
We are looking for a motivated and experienced scientist to join our team in the PS Genetics & Genomics chapter at Pharmaceutical Sciences who will support us in establishing standardized genomic (next generation sequencing) services to support internal discovery research in pRED.
To support an internal transformation, we are looking for a Genomic Service Manager (scientist) with a Master of PhD in biological field. This person will oversee lab work and be accountable for the correct delivery of services. The successful candidate will have strong hands on experience in next generation sequencing and data management. We are looking for someone with experience supervising people as this person will oversee 2 lab technicians. Part of the role will include organizing work, manage the different requests coming and ensure their proper delivery. This role will include management of routine work.
On a soft skill, we need someone with excellent communication skills and customer/service-oriented. Finally, this person needs to be able to prioritize and perform well under pressure.
Tasks & Responsibilities
- Providing technical expertise in molecular biology and next generation sequencing applications (eg. RNA seq) across platforms.
- Analysis and interpretation of genomic data QC (including next generation sequencing data).
- Hands on execution of standard genomic workflows.
- Providing consultancy and experimental design support to internal genomic service customers
- Accountable for suitable sample storage and handling of DNA and RNA samples during analysis.
- Accountable for the correct maintenance of lab equipment and infrastructure, as well as for ensuring compliance with local requirements
- Applying scientific rigor to ensure proper assay documentation and high quality (FAIR) data generation.
- Accountability for delivering genomic data on time and within forecasted budget
- Activity prioritization to meet the portfolio needs
- High spirit of collaboration and ability to work in a highly self-managed manner in an agile matrix team with sense of urgency and ability to deal with complex situations.
- Training of other technicians and/or students.
- Min Master or PhD in biologic
- Previous proven experience with Next-generation sequencing experimental design applications and sequencing data QC
- Min 3 years' experience of relevant similar experience
- Proven record of molecular biology laboratory skills
- Problem solving and organizational skills are highly desirable.
- Familiarity with databases, tools, and resources commonly used in interpretation of genomic data is plus.
- People management experience is a plus
- Fluency in spoken English and good communication and presentation skills are required
- Quality and customer oriented mindset
- High spirit of collaboration and ability to work in a highly self-managed manner in an agile matrix team with a sense of urgency and ability to deal with complex situations.
- Start date: ASAP
- End date: 31.12.2022
- Extension: possible
- Workplace: Basel
- Workload: 100%
- Remote/Home Office: Lab-based position, some home office possible (around 20%), Covid certificate needed.
- Travel: No
- Team: 4 core team, integrated in a larger 20 people team.
- Department: Pharmaceutical Sciences (PN)
Please apply online. For further information about the position, please contact your Kelly recruiter, Franck Maerky (+41 61 270 80 17).