KellyScientific is looking for a GL Accountant (7 months) for a pharmaceutical company based in the canton of Fribourg.
- Provide accounting and closing skills to ensure accurate accounts and timely reporting
- Ensure high quality of financial data and guarantee compliance to Group and BU Reporting
- standards as well as statutory requirements
- Business partner with designated Local Business Units to ensure that business objectives are met through provision of timely, accurate and relevant financial information
Accounting & Reporting
- Support preparation of monthly financial closing according to IFRS and local legal requirements
- Ensure the creation and maintenance of adequate accounting records to meet local legal requirements
- Adoption of new accounting standards and new requirements according to the company Accounting Manual
- Coordination with company's stakeholders to ensure accurate financial data (Local Finance organization, NVS Consolidation and Reporting team, Group treasury, Supply Chain, etc.)
- Full balance sheet accounts reconciliations and balance sheet reviews with local and divisional stakeholders as well as ensure timely cleanup of overdue items.
- Deal under control with tax advisors and tax authorities to handle tax requirements such as VAT, etc.
- Preparation and processing of General Ledger transactions
Compliance and Internal Control
- Maintain a "strong and no exception" control environment
- Assist with specific tax, compliance and audit reporting processes and for the entity, providing necessary data to internal and external authorities, and acting as a FSC point of contact for stakeholders for questions about reporting and/or compliance processes or results
- Ensure compliance with the company Financial Control Manual and SOX 404 through maintenance of relevant FRA internal controls, reconciliations, documentation management (Standard Operating Procedures).
- Setup/maintenance of the local chart of accounts/master data and cost center hierarchy in the ERP systems SAP/JDE in collaboration with the affiliate and the GL Manager.
- Support finance related process changes to achieve best practice by proactively identifying gaps to standards, initiating and formulating change projects with IT and Finance management
Change Management / Projects
- Support FRA initiatives and projects led by other departments or sites.
- Cooperation with other business units in driving X-Bus efficiencies and standardization
- Accounting/ Economics diploma or degree. Basic Statutory knowledge of Local GAAP
- 3-5 years' experience in accounting department,
- Basic knowledge and practice of IFRS
- Basic knowledge of local tax (Income tax/VAT)
- Knowledge of SAP/JDE
- Good communication skills
- Fluent in English both written and spoken. Other EU language is a plus
Your contact at Kelly Scientific
Consultant Professional Staffing Life Science