For our client, a pharmaceutical company specialized in rare diseases, we are currently looking for a
Medical Sales Representative
Type: permanent role
The person in this role will be responsible for growing sales volume and market share of the company's specialty care products within a specified geographic territory
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop and maintain expert knowledge of relevant disease states, products and the competitive landscape, and evolving market trends within the Swiss healthcare sector. Leverage this knowledge to establish strong relationships with practitioners as a trusted advisor.
- Build productive relationships with pre-defined number of targeted physicians, key accounts (hospitals, physicians' offices, etc.) and other stakeholders (pharmacies, advocacy groups, etc.) through effective territory management and precise execution to build awareness and generate revenue. Identify and execute on opportunities to sell the company's products to achieve specific revenue targets.
- Analyze sales reports and develop territory business plan to increase sales. Utilize available resources in a planned manner to drive sales with key accounts. Drive resource allocation for greatest return on investment.
- Achieve or exceed market share and volume goals
- Represent the company's at industry functions and events to position the company as a trusted advisor and committed partner to the patients
- Work cross functionally to address and resolve any concerns that may arise (e.g., product quality, access, reimbursement, distribution, etc.)
- Maintain accountability and strict adherence to internal and external guidelines at all times
- Perform additional duties as may be assigned.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor's degree required
- Coursework or degree in Chemistry, Life Sciences or Medicine strongly preferred
- Strong track record of sales success within the pharmaceutical and/or biotechnology industries
- Experience executing within regulatory framework
- Small-company and/or start-up experience highly desirable
Knowledge and Skills
- Commercial training or Bachelor Degree or equivalent education
- Prior experience (min. 2 years) as a Sales Representative in a pharmaceutical environment
- Be customer oriented
- Motivated to meet sales goals
- Have excellent closing and territory management skills
- Be an expert at prospecting and negotiating with a great deal of self-confidence
- Have extensive product knowledge and presentation skills
- Languages: French & German (fluent spoken & written), English is a plus
Competencies and Attributes
- Behaves in an honest, fair and ethical manner.
- Pursues self-development.
- Communicates in a clear, concise and convincing manner. Listens effectively.
- Works independently on issues where analysis of situation or data requires evaluation of different factors.
- High level of independence, energy, and initiative.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Resourcefulness; ability to make things happen within a small-business environment.
Please apply online. For further information about the position, please contact your Kelly recruiter, Mr. Jean-Luc Leiby (+41 61 270 80 09).