For our client, a company in the chemical sector, we are looking for a motivated personality in Basel in the position of:
Senior Scientist / Analytical Expert in Technical Research and Development
The line function Analytical Research and Development (ARD) is part of the Global Technical R&D department of Global Drug Development (GDD) and plays an essential role in the characterization and analysis of small molecules and synthetic large molecules Drug Substances and Drug Products from the time they leave the discovery laboratory until they are transferred to Commercial Production.
We are looking for a highly motivated Analytical Expert in the field of small molecules essentially intended for oral administration focusing on development, registration and launch preparation activities.
- Designing, planning, performing, interpreting and reporting results of scientific experiments for timely supply of drug substance (DS) and drug products (DP)
- Reviewing and writing analytical documents (e.g. Analytical methods, Specifications, Validation reports, Stability reports, Batch records for stability and release testing) and aligning the corresponding activities within a global project team
- Proactively identifying scientific, technological and GMP challenges, propose creative solutions and communicate key issues to the appropriate management level and respective technical project team.
- Working according to appropriate SOPs, GMP, Quality Directives, Health and Safety (HSE) regulations and internal Novartis guidelines
In order to successfully fulfill this role you should bring following qualifications:
- Minimum: Master in analytical chemistry or equivalent.
- At least 2 years' experience in the pharmaceutical industry with a track record in GMP activities (raw data review and interpretation of analytical results) for development or marketed products, preferred experience within Novartis GMP environment
- Broad scientific knowledge in chemistry, pharmaceutical or analytical sciences, ability to perform in a highly dynamic environment.
- Advanced knowledge of laboratory and/or technical tools (e.g. HPLC, Dissolution rate, Quality management systems, statistical evaluation tools ...).
- Good knowledge of commonly used software and computer tools.
- Good presentation skills and scientific/technical writing skills.
- Fluent in English (oral and writing), German desired
Start date: As soon as possible
If you enjoy this job and have the desired qualifications, please apply online. Please do not hesitate to contact me for further information.
Jennifer Drück, tel : +41 61 270 80 42