For our customer, a company in the field of medical genetics in Wädenswil we are looking for a
Organic Chemist - Drug discovery (m/f)
In this role you will join an international team and help to build up a new laboratory. You'll play a vital role in the process of drug discovery, contributing in the creation of new anticancer agents. Using a range of chemistry techniques, collaborating with our computational biologist, you'll design and create new active pharmaceutical ingredients.
- Plan and conduct scientific experiments in the lab to create and refine target molecules
- Undertake data analysis to assess the results of experiments and the characteristics of the molecules produced
- Ensure the structure and purity of compounds are correct
- Collaborate closely with our computational biologist, analytical chemist and project teams to contribute towards the pipeline objectives.
- Contribute to the critical evaluation and selection of new targets
- Publish science in high quality journals and publications
- Give presentations on projects both at internal meetings and externally at conferences
- MSc or PhD in synthetic organic chemistry or medicinal chemistry
- Experience in drug discovery and early development
- Excellent understanding of related scientific disciplines that are relevant to drug discovery and early development such as target validation, pharmacology, SBDD, ADME, large scale synthesis, structural biology, drug safety/toxicology
- Record of publication in scientific reviewed journals and patents
- State of the art organic synthesis knowledge, purification and analytical characterization including HPLC, MS and NMR
- Eager to build up a new laboratory and work in an international team
Please apply online. For further information about the position, please contact your Kelly recruiter, Mrs Simone Mumbauer, PhD (+41 44 225 41 12).