For our client, a leading international pharmaceutical company with headquarters in Basel, we are looking or a motivated personality in the function of
Packaging technology expert (70 - 80%)
Lead and manage technical activities and apply expertise to address complex design, development, operational issues for the preparation and timely delivery of Primary and Secondary Packaging for combination products, processes and procedures.
- Coordinate packaging development activities with the project team members for assigned projects
- Maintain knowledge, review qualification and validation files in the areas of materials (glass, polymers, rubbers, silicone/lubricants, sterile barrier systems, adhesives) and manufacturing (injection moulding, glass converting, rubber moulding, assembly, fill&finish, transport validation)
- Develop packaging concepts to support early phase development
- Conduct feasibility assessments on new technology/ packaging concepts
- Develop early and late phase packaging prototypes using rapid prototyping, machined and/or soft tooling
- Conduct design for manufacture assessments
- Conduct tolerance stack analyses
- Maintain technical drawings and models
- Contribute to risk analyses
- Advanced degree in a scientific or relevant discipline (Minimum BSc/MSc) Ph.D. desirable
- Successfully demonstrated several years (3-6 years) of directly related experience as principal scientist or equivalent.
- Thorough knowledge of state-of-art technology/equipment/regulation as appropriate for the role.
- Thorough understanding of packaging and medical devices development processes
- Strong communication skills
- Strong presentation skills and scientific/technical writing skills. Advanced coaching skills.
- Sound knowledge of English is required; knowledge of German is desirable.
Place of work: Basel
Workload: 70 - 80%
Duration: 1 year
Please apply online. For further information about the position, please contact: Mrs Diana Steinhauer (+41 61 270 80 16).