For our client, a new start-up company in the field of Small Molecules Production, we are looking for a motivated experienced candidate as
Process Engineer Drug Substance API (f/m/d)
- To develop, configure, design/retrofit and optimize manufacturing processes from lab to manufacturing scale, from pre-validation to commercial production.
- To continuously improve processes with the aim of achieving cost efficient products and optimal utilization of resources maintaining Safety, Quality and Regulatory compliance standards.
- Identify, study and plan for implementation of new technologies
- Ideate, study and plan process/operational changes and their implementation in order to improve the safety/quality/efficiency/operability of the processes in co-ordination with stakeholders and/or process development teams
- To be the first line of support for trouble shooting in production/operations and to work closely with the process development team where required to identify and address the root cause
- To write the initial Process Risk Assessments (PRA) after obtaining the relevant process & chemical hazards data and play a lead role in organizing for the PRA sessions/discussions
Education & Certifications
- University degree in Chemical Engineering, Masters/Doctorate in Chemistry
- 10 years in an automated manufacturing plant, manufacturing synthetic organic chemistry in Production, Technical services, Process Development, R&D
- At least two years' experience in the pharma industry and production
- Experience in Operational Excellence
- Experience in introducing new products from lab to commercial scale
- Good understanding of chemical and non chemical hazards in chemical production
- Experience in interpretation of Process Hazards data and conducting PRAs
- Use of statistical tools in monitoring processes
- Knowledge of GXP and HSE & Q systems.
- Advanced knowledge in conducting process safety and quality risk assessments
- Simulation software for studying health of current unit operations and to define key parameters to be considered while designing equipment for new products viz., Visimix, Aspen, etc
- Six Sigma tools
- Incident investigation/process risk assessments
- Proficient with current office PC skills.
Start date: ASAP
Actual End Date Temporary for 6 - 12 month with the prospect of permanent employment
Place of work: Muttenz (Basel Land)
Please apply online. For further information about the position, please contact your Kelly recruiter, Mrs Stefanie Bucheli +41 61 270 80 17.
We are looking forward to getting to know you!