For our customer a global pharmaceutical company based in Basel, we are looking for a motivated
Research Associate - Neuroscience (m/f)
The position is in the Rare Disease group, which focusses on the discovery and development of novel therapeutics for genetically defined diseases with high unmet medical need.
To support ongoing work to develop human model systems, we are looking to recruit an enthusiastic research associate to set up novel protocols for generating in vitro models of neurodegenerative diseases.
- Culturing of cell lines and IPSC differentiated neurons
- Testing novel protocols for differentiating primary cell lines into target cell types.
- Developing new in vitro assays.
- Design, planning, execution, data analysis, visualization and interpretation of experiments.
- Documentation of experiments as per Roche guidelines
- Presentation of result to multifunctional project teams
- BSc or MSc in Biology or Life Sciences
- Experience in cell culture and basic molecular biology
- Experience in using lentiviral vectors for transduction of primary cells and selection of transduced cells
- Experience with culturing primary human cells
- Experience in Immunostaining and imaging of cultured cells
- Willingness to perform daily cell culture activities to support the projects in the department.
- Flexible mindset and the ability to work with multi-functional project teams.
- Scientific curiosity, commitment and good organization skills.
- Fluent in English and excellent communication skills.
Please apply online. For further information about the position, please contact your Kelly Recruiter, Simone Mumbauer, PhD (+41 44 225 41 12).
About Kelly We connect people to jobs in ways that enrich lives. Kelly Services® is a leading global provider of human resources solutions, operating in over 40 countries. Together with its subsidiaries, Kelly offers a wide range of outsourcing and consulting services; temporary, permanent and management positions as well as flexible forms of employment at all hierarchy levels. Kelly Services (Schweiz) AG has been present in Switzerland since 1979 and counts more than 200 employees in over 40 Talent Offices and Centers.