For our client, a biotechnology company developing a novel class of immune-oncology therapies for the treatment of cancer, we are looking for a
Research Technician, Immuno-oncology (m/f), 100%, Basel
- Perform biochemical and cell-based functional assays for screening and characterisation of antibodies.
- Isolate and culture primary immune cells from immunised animals and other cell lines.
- Perform cell-surface and intracellular staining by flow cytometry and analyse data.
- Perform ELISA assays to measure concentrations of soluble cytokines/chemokines.
- Isolate human lymphocytes and purify the lymphocyte subpopulations.
- Prepare precise experimental protocols and reports, analyse data and maintain proper documentation.
- Contribute to the screening and selecting antibodies and establishing immunological assays.
- Present and interpret results at internal company meetings.
- Participate in day-to-day laboratory management and perform routine operational activities.
- Research Technician or relevant qualification.
- At least 3 years' experience in a biological science discipline.
- Hands-on lab experience with immunological techniques such as ELISA and multiplexed assays.
- Hands-on lab experience with cell-based assays including binding and blocking assays by flow cytometry, reporter assays, signalling assays, cytokine release assays.
- Experience with standard molecular biology techniques such as RNA extraction, real time PCR, and gene cloning.
- Experience with the following methods would be an advantage: determination of antibody IC50 and EC50 values, affinity measurements.
- Ability of running experiments independently.
- Experience using software packages such as GraphPad Prism would be an advantage.
- Ability to work in a collaborative team-based environment.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in French and English.
Place of work: Basel
Start date: ASAP
Duration: 6 months with the possibility of a permanent position
Please apply online. For further information about the position, please contact your Kelly recruiter, Mrs Insa Voss (+41 61 270 80 07).