For our client, a leading international pharmaceutical company in Basel, we are looking or a motivated personality in the function of:
In the department Lead Discovery in Pharmaceutical Research and Early Development, we generate molecular insights and drive the discovery of starting points for our small molecule drug discovery projects with our high-quality proteins, cellular models, assays and drug samples. We treat data as our primary product and thus enable the successful optimization of these targets in medicinal chemistry. We are looking for a temporary member of our Compound Library Enhancement and Logistics (CLEL) team at the Roche Innovation Center in Basel, Switzerland, to work on solid samples.
The position of the Research Associate in Neuroscience and Rare Diseases DTA is embedded in a highly collaborative and multidisciplinary pharma research environment and it supports drug discovery and exploratory activities related to Neuroscience & Rare Diseases indications with a specific emphasis on neurodevelopmental disorders and associated pathways and biochemical, cellular and in-vivo tools.
You will work in the NRD Exploratory Neuroscience Section in the Target Engagement lab and collaborate with various labs within the pRED Research community to support with your technical expertise the needs of our preclinical and translational research. You will join a vibrant multicultural team of scientists, associates, postdocs and students working towards innovative approaches to drug discovery in CNS disorders.
* Start date: Asap / 01.10.2021
* Latest start date: 01.11.2021
* End date: 1 year after start
* Work location: Basel
* Pensum: 100%
* Home Office: Currently possible due to restrictions
* Department: Neuroscience and Rare Diseases (NRD)
* Team: 6 members to be in the team
* Seniority: Professional
Tasks and responsibilities:
* Planning, executing, reporting and documenting experiments in the area of neurodevelopmental disorders including data discussion and presentation in lab, project, section and departmental meetings
* Collaborating with internal as well as external experts (close collaboration with key academic centers around the world)
* Cell culture, treatment and analysis of iPSC-derived neurons from subjects with neurodevelopmental disorders
* Performing duties and taking on general lab-related responsibilities within the research lab and department
* Finished apprenticeship as Biology Laboratory Technician or similar or Bachelor or Master degree in Life Sciences (*****)
* Min. 2 years experience in vitro-laboratory setting with cell biology, ideally iPSC-derived neurons (*****)
* Familiar with standard biology lab practices such as biochemistry and molecular biology methods (Western Blot and RT/gene expression) (***)
* Experienced with standard imaging techniques, such as immunocyto-/histochemistry (ICC/IHC) and in-situ hybridization (ISH) (***)
* EDV-experienced in G-Suite and MS Office (**)
* Good written and oral skills in English, German is a plus
Nice to haves:
* Experience with working in biotech / pharmaceutical industry
* Knowledge of flow cytometry, mass-spectrometry and immunoassays
* Fast and motivated learner, well self-organized and -driven, and are proficient at planning, recording, executing experiments and data analysis
* Strong communication and interpersonal skills
* Excellent team player and lab-citizen, independent troubleshooter capable of seeking help from others or relevant literature for implementing the feedback at work
* flexible working hours after consultation with line manager
Please apply online. For further information about the position, please contact your Kelly recruiter, Mr Philipp KLeinbruckner +41 62 312 46 89.
We are looking forward to getting to know you!