For our client, a leading international pharmaceutical company with headquarters in Basel, we are looking for a motivated personality in the function of
Scientific Associate (m/f), 100%, Basel
As a Scientific Associate II in Biomarker Development, you will work in close collaboration with the Molecular and Cellular Sciences study leader and clinical teams to implement internal and external biomarker activities, provide interpretation of results to enable mechanistic, safety and efficacy understanding. You will be developing and validating innovative biomarker solutions, implementing new methodologies, delivering high quality data and playing a pivotal role in early phase human clinical trials.
- Provide technical expertise in the field of fluid-based soluble biomarker assays with a special focus on single- and multiplex immunoassays
- Contribute to the implementation of internal and external (outsourced) biomarker activities in clinical studies
- Present results at internal meetings
- Implement and apply innovative biomarker solution
- Develop knowledge in additional biomarker modalities and/or technologies
- Network internally to expand scientific and technical knowledge
- BS/MS degree in Biology, Life Sciences, Biotechnology or equivalent. Alternatively, apprenticeship (or equivalent) with appropriate and relevant years of work experience.
- Professional experience in the pharmaceutical or biotechnology environment, developing bioanalytical assays for soluble biomarkers
- Appropriate lab experience in single- and multiplex immuno-assays (ELISA, MSD, Luminex, or others). Additional hands-on experience in mass spectrometry or flow cytometry would be of advantage.
- Good understanding of regulatory requirement relevant to Biomarker Development (e.g. GCP, ICH)
- Demonstrable experience with any of the following: WATSON LIMS, SMART Book, Soft MaxPro, Spotfire, GraphPad Prism, etc.
Work Place: Basel
Start Date: 17.08.2020
End Date: 16.08.2021 (Parental Leave Cover)
Please apply online. For further information about the position, please contact your Kelly recruiter, Mrs Insa Voss (+41 61 270 80 07).