For our customer a larger Pharmaceutical company in Basel we are looking for a
The Scientific Researcher performs laboratory-based activities and processes related to the tracking, inventory, preparation (e.g. DNA/RNA extractions) and transport of biological samples from clinical and non-clinical trials, including instrumentation support.
The perfect candidate:
The perfect candidate is a team player, which can work under pressure and with strict timelines in a service-oriented environment but is still working very accurate and detail oriented.
Tasks & Responsibilities:
- Scientific expertise combined with computational skills in relation to biological sample storage and processing
- Ability to design, execute and analyze complex sets of experiments or procedures and to recommend solutions when facing challenges
- Demonstrated experience in utilizing a variety of analytical platforms and instrumentation (such as liquid handling and automation, automated nucleic acid purification solutions, microarray scanner). Prior experience with Microarray or Next-Generation Sequencing (NGS) is a plus
- Team player with strong interpersonal skills and the ability to build effective working relationships inside and outside their functional areas
- Experience assessing, tracking and fulfilling research customer needs on an operational level in an efficient and timely way with a high degree of customer orientation and ability to communicate with stakeholders on multiple levels.
- Min. Bachelor or Master Degree in Biology or Life Sciences
- Min. 3 years of experience in a laboratory setting in the pharmaceutical industry
- Experience in the use of LIMs and related sample data handling
- Proficiency in basic and more specialized/emerging sample processing methods, including nucleic acid handling and analysis
- Familiarity with GLP/GCP requirements and awareness of the ethical considerations for the use of biological samples
- Experience assessing, tracking and fulfilling research customer needs on an operational level in an efficient and timely way with a high degree of customer orientation and ability to communicate with stakeholders on multiple levels
- Fluency in English (spoken and written), German is a plus
- Start date: 10.01.2022
- End date: 6 months
- Extension: could be possible
- Workplace: Basel
- Workload: 100%
- Remote/Home Office: No
Please apply online. For further information about the position, please contact your Kelly recruiter, Franck Maerky (+41 61 270 80 17).