For our client, a biotechnology company developing a novel class of immune-oncology therapies for the treatment of cancer, we are looking for a
Scientist in Immuno-Oncology (m/f), Basel, 100%
The Scientist will be part of the R&D team in Muttenz/Basel, Switzerland and will contribute to the preclinical development of antibodies.
- Develop, optimise and implement biochemical and cell-based functional assays to advance the discovery, characterization, optimisation and engineering of antibodies.
- Liaise with contract research organisations to coordinate antibody discovery campaigns.
- Design and execute cell-based and molecular assays to define the mechanism of action for lead antibodies.
- Design and implement in vitro functional assays using primary immune cells.
- Work together with other scientists in a matrix to determine the best path forward for antibody discovery and profiling work.
- Manage and systematise all antibody data within projects.
- Prepare and present data company-wide and to external collaborators.
- Line manage research associates and impact through a lab-based role.
- PhD in immunology, biomedical sciences or a relevant discipline.
- At least 3 years experience in biotech industry
- Extensive experience in developing biochemical and cell-based assays, including assays using primary immune cells
- Experience in developing antibody based therapeutics from discovery to lead candidate selection.
- Extensive experience in the application of flow cytometry devices including Miltenyi MACSQuant
- Demonstrated experience in immune cell characterisation by flow cytometry and developing flow cytometry-based measurements and assays.
- Capable of managing a wide range of tasks with minimal direction and prioritising tasks accordingly.
- Ability to work in a collaborative team-based environment.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in French and English.
Place of work: Basel
Start date: ASAP
Duration: 6 months with the possibility of a permanent position
Please apply online. For further information about the position, please contact your Kelly recruiter, Mrs Insa Voss (+41 61 270 80 07).