For our client, GSK Consumer Healthcare company, we are hiring, for a temporary assignment, a:
Senior Administrative Assistant
Supports senior R&D leadership as relates to administrative, organizational tasks and contract lifecycle tasks. Ensures smooth administrative functioning of the team.
Major Accountabilities :
- Provide administrative support to R&D leaders. Administrative support duties include calendar management, meeting management, organization of travel, processing of travel expenses and other administrative duties.
- Maintains absolute confidentiality for all business aspects
- Manage full workload autonomously with the ability for stretch and flexibility, when necessary
- Build and maintain strong and collaborative working relationship with other administrative assistants on all R&D sites.
- Arranging travel: produces detailed itineraries, in accordance with priorities, policies and budget requirements and prepare expense reports. Notifies traveler when visas are needed and ensures visas are processed on time.
- Plan and coordinate key meetings including agendas, pre-read distributions, logistics, and post-actions, as agreed.
- Take the lead on administrative projects in relation to planning, management, coordination and communication when requested.
- Act as manager's delegate and representative for GSK systems
- Identify obstacles and inefficiencies in cross-functional systems and proactively develop recommendations for remedy
- Prepare and integrate documents and communications independently when requested making administrative decisions and taking initiative on similar activities. Manage priorities with little or no supervision
- Maintain and update departmental shared areas and electronic databases as needed, including Team Sites & distribution lists.
- As required, assist with departmental budget tracking and generation of POs and assist in maintaining finance files and reporting as needed.
- Calendar management as requested: arranging a variety of appointments and meetings, ensuring team have the time to complete projects whilst dealing with changing/conflicting priorities and maintaining routine meetings and day-to-day contact with customers and team members.
- Organize travel, lodging and logistics for visitors as needed.
- Organize onboarding of new R&D staff in Nyon.
- Work with other administrative support members to improve administrative processes and performance across the department and/or site
- Provide cover for other site-based R&D admins when absent.
- Ensure full utilization of offshore administrative assistants (WNS) by Nyon based R&D team
- 7+ years' experience minimum
- Previous experience working in the Pharmaceutical Industry is highly desirable
- Previous experience working in an R&D organization is desirable
- Strong interpersonal skills are essential
- Fluency in English (essential) and French (preferred)
- Project management skills an asset.