For our customer, a leading international pharmaceutical company based in Basel, we are looking for a motivated personality in the function of
Senior Biostatistician (m/f)
- Ensuring that the scientific question being addressed and interpretation of the data being used is commonly and accurately understood within their team.
- Contributing to the identification and preparation of chem/biomedical datasets for application in their work.
- Developing key results and quality benchmarks for data, models and impact in collaboration with scientific users.
- Developing approaches, methods and models iteratively, communicating results effectively with non-data scientist associates, supporting expert introspection at each stage.
- Applying your expertise in machine learning, deep learning, data visualization and structured/unstructured data analytics towards the scientific goals of the team.
- You will work alongside scientists and product developers to answer scientific questions using data. You will apply and develop analytical methods and predictive models that deliver impact on research and drug develop programs. You will productionize successful work with the goal of re-purposing it for wider application. data42
- PhD in a quantitative / computational science (e.g. bioinformatics, machine learning, statistics, physics, mathematics, ...)
- Computational biology and statistical genetics,
- applied data science and large-scale / 'big data' computation,
- statistical and machine learning / deep learning.
- Analysis of Clinical trial datasets (SDTM/ADAM) and/or RWE data
- Fluent in English (oral and written)
- Strong experience with Python for data analysis (scikit-learn, numpy, …)
- Experience with R for data analysis (tidyverse, mlr, ...),
- Reproducible data science (notebooks, git/versioning …).
- Experience with computational environments for large-scale data science (e.g. high-performance computing or Spark),
- Statistical and machine learning, and / or applied deep learning methods for time series data or images.
- Bioinformatics (around DNA / RNA / proteomics data analysis) and/or statistical genetics
Work Place: Basel
Start Date: October 2020
Assignment Duration: 12 months
Please apply online. For further information about the position, please contact your Kelly recruiter, Mrs Insa Voss (+41 61 270 80 07).
We connect people to jobs in ways that enrich lives. Kelly Services® is a leading global provider of human resources solutions, operating in over 40 countries. Together with its subsidiaries, Kelly offers a wide range of outsourcing and consulting services; temporary, permanent and management positions as well as flexible forms of employment at all hierarchy levels. Kelly Services (Schweiz) AG has been present in Switzerland since 1979 and counts more than 200 employees in over 40 Talent Offices and Centers.Kelly Services Switzerland is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.