For our client, a pharmaceutical company in Basel, we are looking for a motivated new team member as
Senior Controller Manufacturing & Logistics
Your main tasks might include but are not limited to:
Technical Operations Finance
- Review and update product standard costs calculations as per US GAAP annually, including manufacturing overhead calculation; Define and maintain product costing in SAP.
- Analyze actual product costs deviations from standard.
- Perform mid-year standard cost assessment and product standard costs updates if necessary.
- Ensure correct monthly valuation of stocks in the balance sheet; including calculation and preparation of accounting vouchers for potential inventory revaluations and the maintenance of the Balance Sheet provision for inventory write-offs.
- Review and approve inventory-related purchase orders and invoices.
- Request and review the maintenance in SAP of the purchasing prices of supplied and toll manufactured materials procured by Supply Chain.
- Define and process internal controls related to inventory.
- Be the point of contact for the external auditors for finance-related topics.
- Review and approve the financial aspects of service contracts and Work Orders. Monitor financial commitments of contracts.
- Review andapprove Service Work Orders invoicesandcorrespondingaccountingvouchers.
- Track Technical Operations costs subject to cost sharing agreements with partners. Trigger the corresponding recharges accruals and invoicing.
- Review and approve customers' orders for the purchase of reference standard material.
- Ensure adherence and compliance with internal approval processes and limits in accordance with the company's HQ Expenditure Policy.
- Identify and implement new requirements to controlling processes and tools.
- Support the Technical Operations Teams of products in development, pre-launch or commercial phases through participation as project team member.
- Support Technical Operations in supply chain demand and production planning. Represent Finance in S&OP (Sales & Operations Planning) meetings and, in coordination with Supply Chain, secure the update of the Central Supply Tracker.
- Support Technical Operations in the implementation of SAP requirements as well as in the design and implementation of SOPs.
- Support Technical Operations on manufacturing network (sourcing) decisions, setting-up financial models to assess the financial implications of the different options.
Financial closing and reporting:
- Support preparation and review of quarterly accruals (cost center, projects and recharges to the various partners for the different projects).
- Prepare internal monthly financial packages for project leaders, cost center heads and department heads; analyze costs, identify and comment deviations from budgets.
- Review and comment monthly Cost of Sales variances to budget.
- Calculate and prepare comments for inventory-related data for external reporting (inventory footnote).
- Prepare and comment on Cogs deviations to previous year for half-year and year-end financial report to the Audit Committee.
Budgeting & Planning:
Lead budgeting and forecasting processes for Technical Operations (cost center OpEx, Projects costs and Cogs forecast) in close cooperation with Department Heads and Project Leaders. Included are: preparation of reporting templates, data collection, data reporting into the corporate planning tool, Cogs forecast model set-up and maintenance, and reviews with project teams and with executive management
Financial closing and reporting:
- Maintain and prepare the monthly sales report.
- Calculate quarterly sales true-up accruals and actual sales true-up for all commercial partners.
- Calculate and prepare other product sales-related accruals.
- Trigger sales milestone booking.
- Trigger sales true-up invoicing to all commercial partners.
- Prepare and update the quarterly sales performance report for all commercial partners.
- Request and review the maintenance in SAP of sales prices to each commercial partners, by SKU.
- Review and approve partner's purchase orders on an ad hoc basis.
- Ad-hoc tasks and support
University or equivalent degree in Finance/Accounting or Bus. Administration
Experiences: 5-7 Years of Professional experience
Languages: English, German
- Experience in Pharma/Biotech companies
- Product costing
- M & L controlling
- Expert SAP user knowledge: SAP FI/CO, MM, PP, SD
Experience to work cross-functionally
- Ability to liaise and interact with external and internal parties
- Ability to work independently under pressure
- Attention to detail
- Hands-on approach
- Stress resistant
Character requirements and working behavior:
- Team Player
- Flexible thinking and proactive mindset
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skill
Interessted? Please forward all of your application documents in one PDF to Nadine Siegrist (+41612708009)