For our client, a company in the pharma sector, we are looking for a motivated personality in Basel in the position of:
Description and Key Responsibilities:
- This role has a specific focus on the use of a systematic approach for robust method development applications in LC-MS and the ability to drive this process to support efficient process know-how and timely clinical supplies.
- You will be responsible for the development and optimization of robust LC-MS analytical methods aimed at the quantification of trace level impurities
- You will operate and maintain chromatography devices coupled with non-UV detection systems (e.g. MS) and will be responsible for setup and maintenance of the assigned laboratory infrastructure and equipment.
- You will document the data generated and provide summaries in appropriate formats for upload into the respective proprietary Novartis databases (laboratory journals and method development reports).
- You will work closely with analytical and process development chemists as well as scientists from a diverse range of disciplines within Chemical and Analytical Development.
- A BS or MS degree in chemistry or chemistry related field with track records on LC-MS and fast HPLC methodologies and at least 2-3 years equivalent on-the-job industry experience in analytics environment using modern chromatography methods and technologies. Alternatively, Technician with continuing education (EU) and 5 years experience on the job.
- In-depth experience with HPLC, UHPLC and ideally GC chromatographic systems coupled with MS detection and a sound understanding of organic chemistry and chromatography, along with the interest in growing scientifically.
- A strong technical-scientific background, basic understanding of GMP, excellent communication skills and the ability to work independently in a team environment.
- Strong technical skills are required especially in the operation and maintenance of instrumentation and software.
- Ability to multitask, support several parallel projects, and communicate with analytical chemists and scientists at all stages of the project.
- Strong data analysis, interpretation, and documentation skills. Specific experience in operating Chromeleon software, CAD detector, SFC orGC-MS systems would be desirable.
- Strong interpersonal skills are essential. Also desirable is understanding of GMP as well as experience in pharmaceutical early development activities.
- Very good command of English (spoken and written) required, German may be of advantage
Start date: As soon as possible
If you enjoy this job and have the desired qualifications, please apply online. Please do not hesitate to contact me for further information.
Jennifer Drück, tel : +41 61 270 80 42