For our client, a leading international pharmaceutical company with headquarters in Basel, we are looking for a motivated personality in the function of:
Senior Scientist - Biomarker Development, Translational Medicine 100%
This is an exciting opportunity to join the Molecular & Cellular Sciences (MCS) team within Biomarker Development (BMD) and Translational Medicine (TM) at the Novartis Institutes for Biomedical Research (NIBR). BMD focuses on delivering fit for purpose integrated biomarkers leveraging diverse expertise and knowledge in immunology, genomics, protein and cellular biology and state of the art data sciences.
Our innovative spirit enables the development and application of cutting-edge technologies which address key clinical questions such as target engagement, defining disease stage or progression, predict the safety or efficacy of medication, select a group of patients who would benefit most from a given therapy, and identify additional clinical indications suitable for a innovative molecule.
As a Senior Scientist within MCS in BMD, you will work in close collaboration with project and clinical teams to develop novel exploratory assays in our state of the art laboratories, implement internal and external biomarker activities and interpret results to enable proof of mechanism, proof of biology, safety and efficacy understanding. As a soluble biomarker assay expert, you will be developing and validating innovative biomarker solutions implementing new methodologies, delivering high quality data and playing a pivotal role in human clinical trials.
- Development and validation of soluble biomarker assays with special focus on ligand binding assays (ELISA, MSD, Luminex) and other state of the art technologies
- Implementation (sample measurement and data transfer) of validated biomarker assays in clinical studies
- Generate and interpret data to enable proof of mechanism, dose selection & proof of biology across early clinical programs and present results at internal meetings
- Providing subject matter expertise to transition, implement and monitor assay development and validation at CROs
- Ensuring quality and timely delivery of data generated through outsourced activities
- Empowered for experimental design, execution, interpretation and reporting (oral and written) of assigned projects under Unboss culture
- Contributing to write quality reports and laboratory manuals
- Cross training on a variety of biomarker modalities and technologies
- Develop and validate fit-for-purpose soluble biomarker solutions
- Independently design, execute, and interpret experiments
- Ensure high quality and timely delivery of internal and external results
- Providing subject matter expertise for transferring, implementation and monitoring of soluble biomarker assay development, validation and sample analysis at external provider
- BS/MS degree in Biology, Immunology, Cell biology or equivalent with wide experience as a laboratory technician with 5+ year in the pharmaceutical or biotechnology environment
- Extensive understanding, knowledge and practical experience in ligand binding assays are essential, and experience on Mass spectrometry and other related technologies will be a plus
- Analytical thinking, willingness to accept responsibility, and teamwork skills
- Experience working in a global organization and matrix-resourcing model
- Good Computer skills (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Soft MaxPro, SMART Book, GraphPad Prism, Watson LIMS)
- Good communication skills for oral and written in English
- Understanding of regulatory requirement relevant to Biomarker Development (e.g. GCLP, ICH)
Start Date: 01.12.2021
Duration: 6 months
Please apply online. For further information about the position, please contact your Kelly recruiter, Mrs Judith Atgé Martin (+41 61 270 80 16).