For our customer, one of the world's leading universities specialising in science and technology located in Zurich city, we are looking for a personality in the function of
Senior Software Developer 60-100% (m/w)
We are looking for creative Python developers to join our ranks. You will be asked to help develop the core python library of Renku, our data science platform. The library powers the backbone of Renku, takes care of generating metadata for our Knowledge Graph and offers an interface for users to record their reproducible workflows. Our team follows an agile model of software development and we expect all of our members to contribute their unique viewpoints and expertise to the overall decision making. As a critical part of the development process, we actively collaborate with data scientists from the academia and industry to gather requirements for developing and improving the features of our platform.
More specifically, you will contribute to the following areas:
- Improving our workflow recording and execution engine
- Extending the Knowledge Graph representation of Renku metadata
- Exposing Renku functionality as a library for third parties
- Adding more plugin support to Renku commands
- Improving Renku service reliability and scalability
In this dynamic position, you will make full use of your engineering skills. We encourage experimentation and creativity by actively promoting learning of new technologies and approaches on the job. We are dedicated to open source software and we encourage our team members to seek out opportunities to engage with and contribute to open source communities as a part of their development process.
- You are a developer with a minimum of a BSc in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering or related disciplines
- You love to build open-source libraries, APIs and services in Python with an eye for end-user happiness
- Experience with Linked Data and/or Knowledge Graphs is a plus, as is prior experience with workflow systems and workflow languages
Please apply online. For further information about the position, please contact your Kelly recruiter, Mr Slavisa Ostojic (+41 44 225 40 37).
We connect people to jobs in ways that enrich lives. Kelly Services® is a leading global provider of human resources solutions, operating in over 40 countries. Together with its subsidiaries, Kelly offers a wide range of outsourcing and consulting services; temporary, permanent and management positions as well as flexible forms of employment at all hierarchy levels. Kelly Services (Schweiz) AG has been present in Switzerland since 1979 and counts more than 200 employees in over 40 Talent Offices and Centers.