JJJP00002057 - 01/09/2020 - 31/03/2021 - Zug
For our client, an international pharmaceutical company with a branch in Zug, we are currently looking for a
The Tax Manager will provide subject matter expertise in the areas of Swiss domestic and international tax law. Responsible, in collaboration with the Tax Director, for supporting Corporate and Sector Tax in developing and implementing tax planning strategies, through technical advice/support to various stakeholders across the enterprise, including other tax professionals.
The position will be located within the Switzerland Tax Center's offices in Zug and will report to the Tax Director. 10% to 15% mainly domestic travel will be required.
Dimensions / Organisation Chart
* Subject matter expertise in Swiss domestic and international tax law
* Support Tax Director in delivering support for developing and implementing tax planning strategies across all Swiss companies
* Directly reports to Tax Director
* No reports
Main Responsibilities & Activities
* Provide advice and support in the areas of M&A, divestitures, reorganizations (e.g. business transfers, relocations, legal entity rationalization, financial restructurings, closures), treasury matters, transfer pricing, and operational initiatives
* Provide advice and support on initiatives to improve tax strategies and structures from a substance and governance standpoint
* Provide advice and support on Swiss domestic and cross-border corporate and employee related tax matters, including discussions and negotiations with Swiss federal and cantonal tax authorities, tax audits and tax planning
* Provide guidance and support to STC's Tax & Statutory Reporting professionals on Swiss corporate tax compliance and tax provisioning across all Swiss companies
* Develop and retain Johnson & Johnson business knowledge and tax know-how through training, knowledge sharing etc.
* Close interaction and strong partnering and collaboration with Corporate Tax, Sector Tax, Swiss and regional indirect tax professionals, Government Affairs and business partners such as Supply Chain, Finance Directors, Treasury, HR, Payroll and Legal
* Collaborate and develop strong relationships with Country Tax Centres and other stakeholder peers across the EMEA region
* Swiss Certified Tax Expert qualification or CAS in Swiss and International Taxation is required
* At least 6-7 years of relevant Swiss domestic and international tax experience in a professional services firm or other corporate environment is required
* German or French mother tongue, strong command of the English and good communication skills in French or German
* Strong communicator with ability to communicate complex issues to non-finance professionals and to make recommendations
* Strong collaboration skills, partnering with multiple stakeholder and external partners
* Self-starter with high integrity and ethical behaviour consistent with Our Credo
* Ability to deliver results under pressure; stress resistant and strong sense of urgency
* Attention to detail
* Interacts and collaborates with team and partners, respectful and adaptable yet with a strong point of view
* German and English fluent, with ideally knowledge of French / alternatively French and English fluent with ideally knowledge of German.